Thursday, October 11, 2012

Shooting Stars (Kindergarten)

 Students in kindergarten traced a black star template onto their white paper with a marker.  As a class we drew six different types of lines to make it look like the star was "shooting" across the sky.  Line is one of the seven elements of art that we learn about in elementary school. The lines we practiced were horizontal, looped, zig-zag, wavy, broken and curvy.
Will's Art!

Then students used the colors of the rainbow to outline each of their six lines.  We used red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple markers.
Smiling and working in art!

We love rainbows!

Trying our best in class!

Star light, star bright... first star we see in art!
 After using markers, we switched to crayons to add additional color in between our six lines to form a rainbow.
Our Shooting Stars look amazing!

We are going to add more color with crayons.

I love my art!


Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple are the colors we used.

Check out my lines!
Christian's Art!
Amelia's Art!
Emma's Art!

Lily's Art!


4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love your blog. It made me remember that I miss elementary art. I would have done these stars with my class... I guess I'll do it with my kiddo's instead:) Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Nic Hahn
    MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely way to teach and practice line! I've enjoyed exploring your blog and will be following with pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies... I want to thank you so much for your kind comments about my Art Blog. I am lucky to have such a wonderful position in a great school district teaching about the visual arts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. High Level Movers is hiring! We are looking for strong, dependable, energetic Movers & Drivers individuals who have an excellent work ethic and are able to work well with others in order to expand our teams, for more details click - CURRENT VACANCIES LIST

    ReplyDelete